The core of the village of Črni Vrh, which took its name, 'Black Hill', from the dark colour of pine trees, consists of a nucleated settlement below the Church of St. Leonard and a number of solitary farms scattered on the steep slopes to the north-west of Polhov Gradec. The Church of St. Leonard, rising above the village, was built on the site of an older church and destroyed by the earthquake of 1895. From the church, beautiful views open out to reveal the Polhov Gradec and Škofja Loka Fills, as well as the Julian, Kamnik and Savinja Alps. On fair weather days, views stretch all the way to Mt. Sežnik.