The little village of Šentjošt lies on the sout-westernmost edge of the Polhov Gradec Hills. The square in the centre od the village is flanked by two little churches. The newer of the two, the Church of St. John, dates back to the 17th century. The older one, the Church of St. Judoc, from which the village takes its name (St. Judoc was historically called Šentjošt in Slovenian), is built on the foundations of a 12th century church. The two bells hanging in its tower bear the dates of 1354 and 1400 respectively. The main attraction inside the church is an 18th century Baroque altar believed to be a work by the Facijs, a Polhov Gradec-based family of engravers.